Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

I love New Years! I love that I don't have to decorate for it or figure out what to buy for someone. I love that our traditions change depending on where we live and who we are with, so I don't have expectations. I love the feeling of a fresh start, a clean slate, a new beginning.

I may have gone a bit overboard this year however. The idea of being able to start something new and keep it going is so alluring to me... that instead of signing up for one thing, I sign up to do them all!!! Projects, challenges, diet plans, cleaning/de-cluttering calendars, you name it - I'll participate! I know I probably won't stick with most of them, maybe not any of them. I will start off with every intention of seeing it through to the end; and maybe, just maybe, there will be one thing that inspires me. One thing that I love and will continue throughout the year. There is a  moment, that moment when I had aspirations and inspiration, a dream of a project completed. I may only end up doing it partially, maybe sporadically, or I may just quit altogether. Then I will re-examine and analyze and then next year -- well, there's always next year!!

Things I am working on:
Organized 365 with The Happy Housewife
Project 2012 - a picture a day - you can check out my progress Here.
31 days to Clean - by Sarah Mae ( this will be a bit longer than 31 days, but I do plan to work through it)
12 Months of Christmas Project
Art Journal Every Day with Julie Fei-Fan Balzer






3 comments:

  1. i sometimes have troubles w/ overcommitting on things like this -- but NOT this year! for some reason, the new year started and i was not the least bit interested in making a resolution or voicing it.

    i do have some things in mind involving more time w/ artwork and building up the bluehaze group -- so monitor me, support me by posting, and i'll check on your progress, too.

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick--What are the widths of ribbons you used on that ribbon tree? And how did you attach them? I wanted to make one this year, but I just never seemed to get the time. Now that I'm reminded about it, I'm wondering if I ought to just start now & tuck them away! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! The widest one (red velvet with the white edge)is about the width of my thumb. Start at the bottom, figure out how big you'd like your loop then cut a bunch of ribbon all the same length. They are stuck into the Styrofoam tree using sewing stick pins with small heads on them (just metal, fancy ones aren't needed). I put out a small puddle of tacky glue and ran the tip of the pin through the glue before sticking it through the ribbon and into the tree form. I also used two pins on the wider ribbons, just so they don't move as much. Let me know if you have any other questions and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete