Monday, June 6, 2011

Lemon heavenly goodness

That's what my husband wants to re-name these Lemon Pull-Aparts. Oh my goodness, they are just scrumptious. I got them off of a blog and I can't find who's blog it is! I've done searches on all the ones I read and even did a couple of google searches and still can't find who to give credit to.


But these are too good not to share!! So, if this recipe belongs to you or came off of your blog - please let me know so I can give you credit, link back to your blog and just basically profess my everlasting gratitude for this recipe!!


One note on the lemon zest - don't skip this part!! You need the lemon zesty sugar. This isn't pretty lemon zest in long curly ribbons, if you have one use a microplane - you want this to be grated small like the sugar so it all mixes in well.


Lemon Pull-Aparts
Rolls:
12 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp butter, melted

Glaze:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice (I used half of the lemon)

Cut rolls in half and place in a greased 9×13″ pan. Drizzle with the melted butter. Mix lemon zest and sugar together in a small bowl. Sprinkle HALF of the lemon sugar mixture over the rolls. Cover and let raise till doubled. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan. Combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over rolls while still warm.


These did not last long at all - not the entire day anyway and that was just for the three of us. Yes, they are that good.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious to the max-- shall give this recipe a try over here! Thanks for sharing!
    Vicki aka Victoria Unsoma aka Alpha Grammy

    ReplyDelete